Books, Films, and Other Things You Should Discover, In No Particular Order

  • Volbeat (music)
  • Autumn by David Moody
  • Martyrs (film)
  • Yourself
  • Ralph Waldo Emerson (author/philosopher)
  • John Saul (author)
  • John 5 (music)
  • Dawn of Ashes (music)
  • Hocico (music)
  • Grendel (music)
  • Psyclon Nine (music)
  • Bhutan (country)
  • Caodaism (religion)
  • Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill (book)
  • Vincent by Tim Burton (short fim)
  • Sugar (short film...adorable!!)
  • Spider (short film)
  • Alice's Adventures In Wonderland by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (book)
  • To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (book)

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Don't have much to say for once.......

Ahhh, so the time comes to keep my word and formulate a post on here for all the world to see. What to talk about tonight.......

I keep reading about all of these cold cases of children that went missing 20, 30, 40 years ago. How horrid it must be for those families-to have your child, or brother, or sister, etc., just disappear off the face of the earth. It makes me want to start hiking all over the world, and look for them-just to bring peace of mind to their families. I can't imagine going that long, without even the smallest clue as to what happened to the child, or where to look, or anything. It makes me thank the gods that my nephew, and niece, and dance students are all at home, and safe. What has this world come to...seriously?

No new films to report tonight. I haven't watched any since "Pot Zombies." Lol. Maybe tomorrow night will be a film review.

I've been on an aggrotech trip today. This music always seems to enter my soul and move me in ways that most music doesn't. If you haven't ever heard of aggrotech, check the list at the top of this page for a few band ideas. Psyclon Nine, Dawn of Ashes, Hocico, and Grendel are all aggrotech bands...there are plenty more out there. You can run a google search for "aggrotech" and find hundreds of bands. With any genre out there, not all of it is good, but 98% of it is...to me at least. Then again, I'm different from the norm, so not everyone will agree with my tastes, lol.

My apologies to all-there really isn't much on my mind tonight, except missing my fiance. On that note, I shall keep it short for tonight, with the promise of a better post tomorrow.

No comments: