Books, Films, and Other Things You Should Discover, In No Particular Order

  • Volbeat (music)
  • Autumn by David Moody
  • Martyrs (film)
  • Yourself
  • Ralph Waldo Emerson (author/philosopher)
  • John Saul (author)
  • John 5 (music)
  • Dawn of Ashes (music)
  • Hocico (music)
  • Grendel (music)
  • Psyclon Nine (music)
  • Bhutan (country)
  • Caodaism (religion)
  • Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill (book)
  • Vincent by Tim Burton (short fim)
  • Sugar (short film...adorable!!)
  • Spider (short film)
  • Alice's Adventures In Wonderland by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (book)
  • To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (book)

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Oh, what a crazy life we lead.......

Well, followers, I do realize it has been quite some time since I have been here.

Things have changed so drastically it is not even funny. Found out that the man that I was head over heels in love with, and believed was my soulmate, was actually a lie. His name, our relationship, his past, everything...was a lie. Needless to say, I have spent the past two months attempting to reestablish the life I had prior to the relationship, and also learning an important lesson: trusting my instincts like I used to before he came around.

I have since landed two teaching gigs for dance: at one studio I am teaching a senior hip-hop class, ages 13 and onward, on Monday nights. It is in Chandler, which is a bit of a drive, however, I have taught the kids before and they are too wonderful to turn down, as is the studio owner, Tina. It really, truly is just like a family there, and I'm very proud to say I am now a permanent member. The other job I have is in a studio in Peoria, which is about a half hour away. I am teaching pre-dance, jazz, and hip-hop there as well, once the schedule fills up and classes have more than one student in them. It's normal for summer to be slow-parents worry more about their children beginning school again, which of course is, and should be, more important than dance. I know..funny that I say that now, when for years and years I would attempt to argue my way out of going to school just to stay home and dance all day. Ironic.

Aside from that, I have been spending time with my closest loved ones, and making brand new friends as well. I've begun a new life, and am happy to say that surrounding myself with the people and things that I love the most have helped me to not keel over. While there are still moments when I want to withdraw from the world, and drown in self-pity, I have instead turned myself around and..okay, I'll admit, will distract myself until the feelings pass and I have switched gears.

As for the rest of everything, that's about it. I should finally be around to updating more so, now that things have calmed back down. I hope everyone reading this is doing well also.

No comments: